The ACT for Depression Group combines the benefits of peer support and professional expertise to help you develop a new foundation for a better life. This evidence-based group provides guidance in relating to your emotions and developing skills to help you:
- Break the cycle of depression
- Reconnect with a sense of meaning and purpose
- Build deeper and more satisfying relationships
- Increase your mindfulness and awareness
- Find ways to gently hold loss while moving forward with life
- Engage in worthwhile activity
- Establish and pursue what you would choose your life to be about
- Develop greater self-compassion
Prior to entering the group, we offer a free orientation meeting to help you learn more about the ACT for Depression group. The purpose of this meeting is to help you make an informed decision about this treatment option. If it is not a good match, then we will help you find an appropriate alternative. During the consultation, you will have the opportunity to:
- Listen to a descriptive overview of what is involved in the ACT for Depression group
- Meet the group’s facilitator, Shadee Hardy, LCSW
- Clarify any issues related to billing and insurance
- Learn more about coordinating with your other healthcare providers
- Schedule a one-on-one consultation for a more in-depth evaluation prior to starting the group
Time: The group typically meets on a weekly basis on weekday evenings for a period of 10-12 weeks. The exact time, day, and duration of the group varies by cohort; see the registration page to get the most up-to-date information. If you are interested in the group, please register for a free orientation meeting.
Cost: Orientation is free and without obligation. The initial consultation cost* is $30. If during the consultation it is determined that the ACT for Depression group is a good match for your treatment needs, the total group cost is $30/meeting; the group typically meets 10-12 times and you are responsible for these fees regardless of attendance. To receive a full course of treatment, group members are encouraged to commit to attending all meetings.
* If you are in financial need and openings are available, you are welcome to attend the initial consultation meeting and the ACT for Depression group at a reduced rate. Please “register” if you would like us to contact you to learn more about our need-based reduced rates.